Competitive Basic & Package
Joshua Robert are representing one of the UK`s leading consultancies who operate nationally across a diverse range of sectors. They are currently recruiting for a Chartered / Senior Quantity Surveyor for their Birmingham office.
They manage the cost of flagship building projects from the initial design stages through to the building’s completion.
The role is client facing, acting as a sole contact to clients. Some schemes you will be working as part of a wider commercial team on a varied work load with projects ranging from £1 – £500 mil.
Commercial new build & fit outs, Residential, Mixed use retail & Hotel and Leisure.
- Cost planning and managing the design to budget experience on projects with a minimum of supervision
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services on the elements of a project.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Act as an Employer’s Agent under Design and Build Contracts.
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Value engineering studies
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
The ideal candidate will be chartered and have consultancy experience on a wide range of construction projects. This is an exciting time for the business who can offer a genuine platform for career progression in to Associate Director as they continue to take more market share in the Midlands.apply now