Competitive Basic & Package
Joshua Robert are representing a progressive Main Contractor who have recently diversified in the sectors they operate in. They are projecting a 100% increase in their turnover next year and as a result require a Senior level QS with a pre contract bias.
This appointment will also form part of their strategic growth plan in adding management layers to their commercial team, so will provide the platform in to Managing QS /Commercial Management roles.
The role will have a Pre-Contract bias but will also include Post Contract Management. The client work across high end refurbishment works and luxury new build residential developments such as 60+ bedroom apartment blocks.
Pre Contract Duties
- Cost planning and budget estimating – including some measurement
- Identifying and issuing packages for costing
- Procurement of sub-contract packages and negotiating with sub-contractors
- Management of direct labour
- Management of plant and material purchase/hire
- Ability to analyse the programme for the works and control procurement to suit the programme
Post Contract Duties
- Management of sub-contract packages, including interim valuations and final account agreement
- Remeasurement for post contract variations
- Pricing post contract variations
- Management of dispute resolution, including making sure adequate records are kept to support claims etc.
- Provide monthly cost reporting etc
The ideal candidate will have a main contractor background and be a proactive team player who ants to progress their career into a Managing QS / Commercial Manager.apply now