‹ Back to search results
Housing Management Worker - Birmingham
Housing Management Worker Job Birmingham Excellent Pay Rate Reputable Charity Training & Progression Permanent Opportunity
So, youre passionate about helping others; why not use this to your advantage?
I am currently recruiting for an organisation specialising in support for those who have mental health difficulties and learning disabilities their work is certainly well recognised as they continue to expand all over the UK.
Having recently expanded upon services within Birmingham they are currently looking for Support Workers to help contribute to the high-quality service they provide to those in need. Could that be you?
- The role is that of a Housing Management Worker 3-6 minimum contract to be considered for extension and/or permanence. Temp to Perm
- Required working pattern: 09:30 to 17:30, Mon -Fri with potentially 1 late shift a week.
- Excellent pay rate: candidates will be paid £10.25 PAYE or £13.00 per hour Umbrella.
- Enhanced DBS Essential
The Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a Housing Management Worker, you will need to undertake a range of administrative tasks such as recording payments, voids checklists, health, and safety inspections, etc.,
- Part of the role will be to set up new Tenancies
- Another key part of the Housing Management workers job is to lead in Notice to Quit procedures, Evictions, and termination of Tenancies (Protected and Not Protected License).
- As a Housing Management worker, you will also need to ensure voids meet lettable standards before letting and ensuring any necessary repairs are carried out.
- The job will also require you to enable young people to pay their rent and service charge.
- As a housing management worker, you will need to assist young people in debt management or where necessary signpost them to specialist agencies to address these issues.
- Another aspect of the role is to collect and record rent and other payments in line with financial procedures.
- This job will also need you to assist young people with benefit claims, including assisting with
completion and submission of claim forms and making telephone calls.
- Further aspects of the Housing management workers role will be to work closely with support staff to deal with any breached of tenure in line with procedure/policy.
- You will be required as part of the role to set up new Housing Benefit Claims online, submit evidence, monitor Housing benefit payments and liaise with St Basils Rent Team to solve complicated Housing Benefit Claim issues.
- Relevant experience within social care, social housing, or another similar background.
- Should have relevant knowledge around Housing Law.
- Passion and empathy for supporting others and enabling their growth and personal progression.
- You will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As their organisation grows, you will have the continued opportunity to build a career in supported housing, and certainly be at the front of the line as you do so. Moreover, with great pay rates, high levels of employee and service-user satisfaction, this role will certainly not be one to miss out on.
If youre interested in this role, or know someone who is, get in touch!